Saturday, February 13, 2010

Off to the Ball


I am sitting here at 2:31am, unable to sleep, dosed up on a mixture of red bull, champagne, red wine and cider. Yes, we have just been to a ball. A rather enjoyable Ball. We won a huge box of chocolates, 2 bottles of red wine, and some soap. I somehow got roped into joining the girls football team (what the???........) and best of all, we had a great time.

We realised that 3 of our new friends look exactly the same, and all of them talked to us at different stages of the night, and we thought they were all the same person........alas, they are not. We met the Newsreader on the Dublin News channel, and A man came up, shook my hand, told me his name and then walked away. Tapping him on the shoulder, I asked, "Excuse me, who are you?" and he replyed quite embarressed, "I am the President of The Ireland GAA (Gaelic Football assocation, so to put it in Australian terms, the head of the AFL). "Ahh", I replyed while Kieran looked at me as if to say "Oh ange", and by the end of the night we had alot of people coming up to us saying, "Ohhhh you guys are the Australians, we have been wanting me meet you".......So all in all, it was a great night, but somehow through all of our mishaps we were pretty popular.

Here are some photos of our night






No comments:

Post a Comment